Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Collecting ~ {Vintage Trinkets}

These are a few of the trinkets I have in my personal collection. Most of them are family heirlooms, handed down from my grandparents. Except for the butterfly, I'm not sure of it's origin, but I'm completely infatuated with it. It's tarnished but sparkly at the same time.

The gold pendant in the middle swings open to reveal the serenity prayer. This necklace was given to me by my mom who received it from one of her foster parents when she was young. Ever since she was given the necklace, the serenity prayer has been my mom's favorite prayer. She says the necklace and the prayer helped her through some really tough times. It's an honor to have it.

Over the weekend, I made a trip to one of my favorite antique stores and found an amazing amount of lovely screw-back earrings. I remember my Oma wearing those along with her usual clip-ons. It was fun to stand in front of the mirror and try to screw those heavy earrings on to my little ears!

No comments: